[thelist] [php] any image processing tutorials?

Chris Johnston chris at fuzzylizard.com
Thu Jan 8 20:12:48 CST 2004

For an assignment for school, I need to create a web app that is able to
upload an image (pixmap) and do various kinds of encoding/decoding on
the image and then display it in the browser.

The prof would like us to use Pliant (anyone heard of that), however, he
has stated we can use whatever we wish. I am planning on using php.

Does anyone know of any tutorials on how to do image encoding/decoding
using php? I realize that you can use several libraries and/or
imagemagic to do this, however, the point of the assignment is to do it
all myself. So, can anyone point toward some info on this topic?

Thanks,

Chris