[thelist] Re: [css-d] IE quirk on hover event

Brian Tully btully at gstockco.com
Fri Apr 16 01:11:00 CDT 2004

On 4/15/04 6:19 PM, "Scott Blanchard" <octigonuser at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I can't figure why this happens but on this page...
>
> http://v5.octigon.com/lifesolutionsmd/default.aspx?id=2
>
> If you mouse over one of the last links in the sidebar boxes to the left -
> "Sign Up" for example. Then move up to the link above that and you will see
> the div change its height. Move back down and it reverts to the original
> size.
>
> This has to be some issue with the hover events, I would presume, but there
> is no padding or margin settings in any of those classes.

if I remember correctly, there is a bug in IE that requires you to specify a
width for the ul and li tags containing the anchor tag and then specifying a
width for the a tag as well. otherwise IE will place extra margin space
below the list item (even if you specify no margin).

for starters you could try:

.sidebox.homeTabs .boxbody li a {
    width:100%;
    color:#000; /* this says black but the links are green? */
    border-bottom:3px inset #F9DC04;
}
.sidebox.homeTabs .boxbody li>a { width:auto; }

however I notice that your links are actually within a container div so the
above might need to read (depending on the inheritance):

.sidebox.homeTabs .one .boxbody li a {
    width:100%;
    color:#000; /* this says black but the links are green? */
    border-bottom:3px inset #F9DC04;
}
.sidebox.homeTabs .one .boxbody li>a { width:auto; }

hope this helps a little.

regards,
brian