[thelist] Domain questions

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Tue Jul 6 16:52:30 CDT 2004

On Jul 1, 2004, at 3:43 PM, divaone wrote:

> [I]s there a way to search for websites under one domain name,
> i.e. *.domain.com? I am interested to see sites using *.web.com.

<tip type="Searching one site with Google">
You can limit a Google search to a single site by adding
'site:domain.com' to the search query.  For example, if I want to
search Evolt for discussions on SQL, you would put this into the search
box:
	sql site:evolt.org

Bonus tip: to _exclude_ something from the search, precede it with a
dash.  For example:
	sql -microsoft site:evolt.org

That also works in combination with the 'site:' specification, so
'-site:evolt.org' will search every site _except_ evolt, which can be
handy if you want to find sites outside your own that refer to your
site by address or name.
</tip>