[thelist] finding past owner of expired domain

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Jul 6 17:49:31 CDT 2004

At 02:14 PM 7/6/2004, Seyon wrote:
>Hey folks,
>
>Is there any way to find out the registration history of a domain? If it's
>ever been registered. If it has, who was it registered to, how long has it
>been expired, etc.

I think your best bet is to use the Internet Archive and see what you can
find there. Once the pointer is gone from InterNIC (the main clearing house
for Domain Name information), you are hard pressed to find info about any
domain. And once a domain is returned to the public pool I don't think
there is s away to track historical information about ownership.

--
Anthony Baratta
President