[thelist] Mozilla and Hebrew

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Wed Jul 7 12:02:50 CDT 2004

> <quote>
> Note, I am on our side--I am all in favor of standards and
> cross-browser coding. I am just asking what people think. </quote>
>
> Oh, so I am "they"? hehehe, look, we are all in the same
> side, but there are
> things that need to be taken into account besides
> "standards". Did anyone
> here hear the term ROI? Did anyone here take into account the
> fact that
> working on one site for a long time actually delays other development
> projects???

Well, on this list, I do think the vast majority are cross-browser and
standards proponents, yes.

> Please, think again before shooting into the air those old
> mantras about
> standard, there is more to it when it comes to businesses.
> Don't get me
> wrong, when you can stick to the standards, but if you find
> it costs you too
> much than think business.

I actually work on a large site with a lot of active development and it, too
is Win IE only. I write JS code that doesn't work on any other browser. We
have yet to see a client use any other browser. Our clients are exec types,
so it's not surprising. We also feel here that the time investment for
cross-browser is senseless. Our site depends very heavily on JS, but I feel
that's not a problem because it's only accessible to our limited client base
and they all are not opposed to allowing JS.

Hershel

PS: Maybe we should take this to the Israeli thelist? ;)