[thelist] RE: standards

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 13:49:21 CDT 2004

--- Christopher Mahan <chris_mahan at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Following standards allowed me to jump in to a horrible project as a
> temp and fix it so fast that management's head is still spinning. I
> left crap font littered tag soup code there, and rebuilt same exact
> site in valid xhtml1.1. In three days. Then, management tried it, and
> from a 3.5 seconds load time it went down to 0.23 seconds. Also, the
> page went down  from 1.6 megs (don't ask) to about 80k.
<snip>

Good story, which reminds me of one. After we got the initial designs from the agency for
TruGreen, I built a working prototype in 1/2 day. As you said - everybody's head was spinning.

In geek-speak we call this "rapid prototyping" and such. Now think about the simple fact that you
could save stacks of hours on projects like this. This translates into real money, and that of
course, is "business"!

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!