[thelist] problem with accented characters in email

Sarah Sweeney mr.sanders at designshift.com
Wed Dec 8 10:55:42 CST 2004

> The problem arises when users enter accented characters in their subject
> or message; these characters come through with some kind of encoding
> (e.g. "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Version_fran=E7aise_?="). If I set up the "contact
> us" form to just email the message directly to me, everything works
> fine, so the problem is obviously coming from the ticket system.

After doing some additional testing, I realize now that the problem
seems to happen before the ticket system sends the email. So even though
the email sent by ColdFusion looks fine when I receive it directly, the
ticket system is seeing something different.

Unless someone has any other suggestions, I think I will re-write the
system myself, rather that trying to make this (sketchy) pre-built
ticket system work the way I need it to.

--
Sarah Sweeney  ::  Web Developer & Programmer
Portfolio  ::  http://sarah.designshift.com