[thelist] Affiliate/Associate tracking software

Erik Heerlein erik at erikheerlein.com
Thu Jun 23 13:35:38 CDT 2005

I am looking for suggestions and recommendations for
Affiliate/Associate tracking software. I have an e-commerce site with a
PHP shopping cart that I rolled on my own and I am looking into
starting an affiliate or referral program where people link to my site
and if the referee buys something, the referrer gets a commission.

I could do the whole cookie tracking thing myself but I wanted to first
see what was already available. www.myreferer.com looks nice, I like
their Inventory Module and the multiple features they offer but I
thought I would solicit comments from people with experience in this
arena.

Is it better to have the software hosted with somebody else and pay
monthly fees or a commission? Is it better to buy and host on your own
domain?

I appreciate any comments and thoughts you may have.

Erik Heerlein
erik at erikheerlein.com