[thelist] OT: Font Recommendation?

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Fri Oct 14 08:11:41 CDT 2005

Mark Howells wrote:

> > I'm looking for a really elegant, but corporate type font--sans
> > serif-- to create an image.

> Depends on the required text size and output medium, to be honest.
> Lucida Grande is standard but very readable and I use it a lot for
> body text.

Lucida Grande seems to be rather rare on windoze:
http://www.codestyle.org/css/font-family/sampler-WindowsResults.shtml

OTOH, Lucida Sans Unicode is closer to universal on doze, but to use it
generally requires special care with line-height. It's native
line-height is significantly larger than most other fonts.
--
"Be quick to listen, slow to speak."                James 1:19 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/