[thelist] CSS Help

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 14:17:18 CST 2005

On 11/14/05, Norman Bunn <norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com> wrote:
> I am trying to layout my first fully CSS site using ideas gleaned from
> Cederholm's excellent book, Bulletproof Web Design.  However, I am
> running into problems with the header this page displaying as desired:
>
> http://craftedsolutions.com/FMCN/template2.html
>
> In FF, the navigation shows up where expected, but the background color
> is white, not the darker shade of blue I want

You have a couple things going on there.

Your padding on the nav was over 300px to the left, which explains why
it was getting kicked down below the logos (it was too wide to stay on
the same horizontal). Change that to 0.

Remove the 3px white border on the #nav. It's not where you think it
is, because of the floats.

Add your background color to #wrap.

--
Matt Warden