[thelist] abbreviations (was Re: Your favourite site backup utility?)

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 15:15:58 CST 2005

On 11/14/05, Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> > Then shut up and don't answer it.
>
> No. I'm going to respond to the original question and let that person
> know they didn't give enough information or the wrong information (as
> appropriate).
>
> You have no business telling me to shut up, and even suggesting you do
> is downright rude. I expect an immediate and complete apology.

Please take the flamefest and any apologies offlist.

And, Shawn, you owe a tip as your message was offtopic.

<tip>
The new version of Zend IDE includes autocomplete for PHPDoc
commenting (something we former Java developers have been slobbering
for in PHP IDEs for a while).

After you've written the function signature, put your cursor above the
signature, type /** and then enter. Zend IDE will fill the rest of the
comment with as much information as it can determine from your
function signature.

(You will need to fill in variable types, as there's only so much a
PHP IDE can guess at, since PHP is not strictly typed.)

Definitely worth an upgrade if you use PHPDoc documentation.

http://zend.com/store/products/zend-studio/

(I'm not affiliated.)

</tip>

--