[thelist] wiki recommendation

Mike designbase10 at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 17 15:27:24 CST 2005

Thanks again April,

I looked at the source code at wikipedia as you suggested and yes, it
looks pretty clean and easy to control with CSS styles later. I am
looking for a wiki that generates clean HTML - free of table tags - that
uses as much CSS as possible for layout without having to use tables for
layout. That would give me the most amount of design control via CSS.
And so I think I will give Mediawiki a try - Thanks April for sharing
your experiences about the use of the wikipedia wiki.

My dilemma now is that Max suggested maybe I should consider a full CMS
system instead. (Such as Mambo/Joomla or Drupal/CivicSpace or I thought
perhaps typo3) One that may already have a wiki, a discussion forum and
an online poll feature. Its a good idea however I don't know if I could
learn a full CMS system in time to meet my Dec 6 deadline. However, I
could very well implement this wikipedia wiki and I think that may
suffice. Maybe I will consider full a CMS in the future after I have had
the time needed to learn to use a full CMS.

Anyone know if it is possible to learn and setup a full CMS in about 8
working days? Or is that unrealistic?

[0] http://www.mamboserver.com/
[1] http://www.drupal.org/
[2] http://www.civicspacelabs.com/