[thelist] PDF's: To New Window or Not To New Window. This is thyQuestion

misterhaan misterhaan at track7.org
Thu Feb 16 10:15:15 CST 2006

As a user, I find this practice annoying.  I don't let PDF or anything
else that is not a web page or an image open in my browser, and this
results in an empty browser window opening, and then my PDF reader
opening with the document.  I do understand though that if someone does
have a PDF browser plugin (which most probably do) then it's less than
ideal to have the PDF load in the window that used to be the website,
even though the back button still works.