[thelist] Expired yahoo domain

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Mon Feb 20 21:03:59 CST 2006

Message from Rich Points (2/20/2006 06:59 PM)

>Hi,
>I have a client who had their domain registered with Yahoo small
>business.  The account and domain registration have expired.  Now the
>domain management has been transfered to http://www.melbourneit.com.au/
>The status of the domain is "Pending Release" but the original owner is
>still listed.   I've written to them twice asking what we need to do to
>regain control of the domain but haven't heard back.

This is exactly the reason why I replied to Chris' question by saying that
I don't trust web hosting providers registering my domain on my behalf.

Next step in your case: Stop writing. Get on the phone with them. Try to
renew the Yahoo hosting account, if that will get the domain renewed. Or
talk directly to Melbourne IT.

Of course if the domain isn't that important just keep doing what you're
doing, it'll expire eventually and you may get to re-register it before one
of the auctioneers grab it up.

Good luck.
-marc