[thelist] FAQ/resources for oft-asked questions

Dean Mah dean.mah at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 12:19:03 CDT 2006

On 7/21/06, Christian Heilmann <codepo8 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > What is the 'id' attribute?  What about categorization or section
> > > information or tagging?  What about moving the discussion to desdev?  :)
> >
> > Id is a unique identifier, in case the naming of the question changes
> > - for example some DHTML tips are still valid but nobody finds them as
> > people look for DOM Scripting or AJAX.
>
> Actually tagging would be the easiest. UGC - I'm lovin it!

Just an update so that you all don't think that the ball's been dropped.

I've been able to add a custom evolt.org mail scanner into the qmail
pipeline.  This means that tips will soon be parsed in real-time
(ya!).  Anyway, using the template above, you can send faqs to
spam at lists.evolt.org and they should be parsed and thrown into the
database.  Of course, there's nothing to view the faqs yet so you
won't know if it is working properly or not but it will be good
testing for me, which I promise to look at when I get back in a few
hours.  I'll also set up a simple viewing tool when I get back.

Dean