[thelist] tags philosophy

sam foster potatosculptor at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 18:44:37 CDT 2006

I get it. I think there is a point at which too many tags, or tags
that are too general arent very useful. You could pre-categorize
(general terms that have meaning within the context of your site), and
add some keywords (words you dont want to be missed in the index to be
searched on), then leave "tagging" open to your users. That's where a
service like technorati comes in - your articles become a part of the
whole, tagged collectively by the community.

Sam