[thelist] Alternatives to IFrames?

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 13:18:57 CDT 2006

Ideally you should be given a way to fit in with their templates, other than
> iFrames which I agree are far from ideal.

Frames? I guess they belong to 90's or so. It has been such a long time I
haven't heard that ancient word.

They are bad for well known reasons that I don't want to dive in (SEO,
Accessibility, Usability...) You may want to convince your company / client
etc.. not to use frames at all.

Of course there are (rarely) legitimate usages of a framed layout. But if
one offers me to plug my content into a frame-based template I would simply
say "no... hell no!" and immediately run away.

As an alternative (forgive me if I'm sinning here) you can use JavaScript
and AJAX and load your content to a DHTML layer inside the page. Then you
will be able to style your content exactly the way you want.

HTH,
--
Volkan Ozcelik
+>Yep! I'm blogging! : http://www.volkanozcelik.com/cre8/blog/