[thelist] look and feel compromises

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Mon Oct 23 14:59:57 CDT 2006

> At what point do you cross train.

I have two business sites with different targets. One really requires an
artist's touch (it's for general web dev.) I'm outsourcing the look and
feel to someone who's artistic sensibilities I respect.

The other (database web apps) doesn't need to be artistic, but it does
have to look nice (yeah, it's all subjective.) For that one, I want to
do the whole enchilada, which means I have to sort out the look and
feel, and be able to code what I come up with.

In the long run, I'll probably end up collaborating with my artist on
websites, and doing the database apps meself. Until I have time for some
training in visual design.

joel