[thelist] look and feel compromises

Dwain Alford dwain.alford at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 15:21:09 CDT 2006

On 10/23/06, Joel D Canfield <joel at spinhead.com> wrote:

> In the long run, I'll probably end up collaborating with my artist on
> websites, and doing the database apps meself. Until I have time for some
> training in visual design.

be careful of visual design training.  use your own sensibilities and
incorporate technique with what you learn.  some design instructors are
rigid in their methods even though they speak of spontaneity and flow in the
process.

i went back to school in 1988 and got a b.f.a.  had the time of my life, but
worked my butt off. (can i say that?)  anyway, some of the design courses
and drawing were taught really laid back professors and then there were
those...

have fun when you do it.

dwain