[thelist] shopping cart - secure or not

Bob Meetin ontheroad at frii.com
Wed Oct 25 12:40:53 CDT 2006

One more problem fixed - PayPal is now working.  When I transferred the
site I'd renamed the paypal certificate file, giving it a .txt
extension.  Renaming it back to .pem and resaving the settings resolved
this.

All that remains is the pesky error message (
www.example.com/shop/returning_customer_error.gif  )
which seems to cause no ill effect, but can confuse the customer.  The
popup says:

POPUP TITLE: Security Alert
CONTENT:  You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not
secure. The information you are sending to the current site might be
retransmitted to a nonsecure site.  Do you wish to continue?

Circumstances - If you have previously created an account, quit/restart
the browser, visit the site and go to any page that will take you to the
login page (login.php) requiring login and attempt to login as an
existing customer, you get the message.  It seems erroneous in that both
the login page and the next page are both secure, https.  I tried
turning it off, but no success.

Any other suggestions?

-Bob