[thelist] help grabbing an RSS feed from a Google Group

M. Seyon evolt07 at delime.com
Mon Dec 4 07:51:48 CST 2006

Replying to myself, I've been doing some reading early this morning and it
seems that I can use cURL for this, if I can figure out how to format the
http request properly, but I'm really at a loss as to how to do this.

Anyone done this before care to give a helping hand?

Message from M. Seyon (12/3/2006 10:38 PM)

>Evening all,
>I'm trying to grab an RSS feed from a Google Group that requires membership
>(I am a member). I'm using MagpieRSS to do the parsing and that works fine,
>except that the feed can only be grabbed if one is logged in to the group.
>I'm pretty sure this is doable but it's simply outside of my know-how. How
>can give a script or service login credentials to access the Google Group
>feed and store it on my web server?
>The feed url would be

Now available: Trinidad and Tobago 2007 wall calendars