[thelist] PHP, PDF and IE7 [Solved]

Hershel Robinson hershel at galleryrobinson.com
Tue Mar 13 04:44:48 CDT 2007

> Roughly following the thread, and tried the original URL () and viewed
> the headers.  Why is this header being sent?
>
> Shouldn't that be Content-type: application/pdf ?

Seems not to make a difference. My IE7 machine is back now and seems to
not mind that Content-Type. See below

> For IE 7, you'll want
> to give the filename in the header, as Jason suggested earlier.  I saved
> your pdf file, and made this quickie to do something like you're doing:
>
> <?php  /*** pftest.php ***/
>
> $pdfoutput = file_get_contents('viewpdfTest.pdf');
>
> header('Content-Type: application/pdf');
> header('Content-Disposition: inline; filename=file.pdf');
>
> echo $pdfoutput;

The Type and Disposition I had before. The solution seems to be to
(also) use echo instead of fpassthru. This was something I considered
myself just before your post but didn't I have time to test until today.

This:

http://mishpacha.com/viewpdfTest2.php?mag=1&issue=149&pageNum=40&coverStory=1

now works for me in IE7.

Thanks.

--
Web Site Construction by Gallery Robinson
http://galleryrobinson.com/