[thelist] CSS positioning problem

Chris Dorer cdorer at gmail.com
Thu May 10 16:51:05 CDT 2007

Guys,

I'm having a huge issue with relative positioning with my elements, I'm
trying to avoid using absolute positioning because I have to create separate
css styles for each element I make have an absolute position.

Netscape and Firefox:
Initially, I was developing only one box so I didn't see an issue until I
plopped the bottom box underneath the top box.  Anytime I place my p tags
inside the <div id="linkContainer"> in the top box, the entire setup of
bottom box is destroyed.  What am I missing, using relative positioning that
would help correctly place the elements into the bottom box.

IE6 only:
We all know, IE stinks a tad.  However what do I need to do to prevent ie6
from creating double the space of the <div id="linkcontainer"> in blue,
below the boxes?

I've googled for hours, and tried many tricks.  I have a dirty feeling I'm
missing something.  Does anyone have any thoughts?

Chris