[thelist] Director/Shockwave postNetText not working

John Dowdell jdowdell at adobe.com
Tue Feb 12 15:46:31 CST 2008

Sales @ Lycosa wrote:
> I have a shockwave application which sends/receives data from a PHP script.
> But the postNetText function is refusing to send variables, GET or POST, to
> the server. I have a small script which simply echos the incoming vars, but
> it just displays blank data. It seems that the postNetText function is
> connecting to the server, but not passing the variables.
> I have tried using a standard HTML form to pass data, which works fine.
> Any ideas?

I'm not sure of the cause of the abnormality, but have you confirmed on
the client side that the variables actually have value? There could be
additional troubleshooting steps, but the most frequent cause I've seen
of similar problem reports has been when the variables have been out of
scope, or their values similarly blank.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd