[thelist] Script removed by snapshot save in Firefox

Sarah Adams sarahwbs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 09:01:15 CST 2011

> Do you know about this new behavior of Firefox with javascript?
>
> When I save any page, the contents of all script tags or .js files
> called from the page are replaced by this text (as a comment):
>
>                   Script removed by snapshot save
>
> Does this happen to everybody? Any idea about the origin? (update?
> Plugins? Complements?) Is it possible to disable this feature? (In my
> firefox, of course!! I don't want to break any security of others, just
> save pages as I used to do it).
>
> I am using Firefox 3.6.13 (the latest, I think). I know this is not the
> best forum for a Firefox question, but I couldn't get information in any
> other place.

How are you going about saving pages in Firefox? Are you just doing File
> Save Page As...? Or are you using some kind of add-on? I just tried
the Save Page As method and didn't notice this issue. I have the same
version of Firefox. If you're not sure if there's an add-on interfering,
start Firefox in safe mode and save the page again to see if you still
have the same problem.