[Javascript] getting text from another page

Ben Curtis Quixote at LaMancha.org
Mon Aug 20 10:44:36 CDT 2001

> I need to grab some text from one HTML page and put it on another.
>
> The text conveniently sits inbetween some tags called <!--
> lymmtemp --> <!-- lymmtempend -->
>
> How do I go about getting this text on another html page?

I would suggest going server-side with this; PHP, Perl, ASP, or ColdFusion
would do nicely. If, for some reason, you *need* to do this clientside, then
you will need to make sure the two pages are in the same domain. With IE or
N6 you can then get the innerHTML of the page, and use a regular expression
to find the relevant string. Could be a lot of work or piece of cake. Good
luck.

--
+Ben Curtis

"One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown
is the belief that one's work is terribly important."
- Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)