[Javascript] Writing to Document after a function is executed.

Reuben D Budiardja reubendb at goshen.edu
Sun Mar 25 11:30:29 CST 2001

At 04:16 PM 3/25/01 +0000, Peter-Paul Koch wrote:

>><SCRIPT>
>>document.writeIn(colors[0])
>></SCRIPT>
>
>If you put directly in your page it'll give an undefined error because
>colors[0] isn't yet defined when the browser tries to execute this bit of
>script (ie. directly when it has been received from the server). Solution:
>initialize the array directly and get rid of the onChange.
>
>Syntax error: 'writeIn' should be 'write' or 'writeln' (small l instead of
>capital I)

Thank for the syntax correction. I explained what I really want to do with
this function in the e-mail I sent just before this one (Would you please
refer to that).
Yes, I do want to initialize the array directly, as a global variable.
Could you tell me how?

Secondly, if you or anyone could point me a good resorce for learning
javascript (the syntax, language structure, etc.) that would be very
helpful. I'm a newbie in Javascript, but I've done a lot of server side
scripting, so I know a good deal about programming. Any website? URL
address? All I can find so far are javascript codes.

Thanks a lot.
Reuben D. Budiardja