[Javascript] Writing to Document after a function is executed.

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 25 13:22:49 CST 2001

>Yes, I do want to initialize the array directly, as a global variable.
>Could you tell me how?

<SCRIPT>
var arr = new Array('Red','Blue','Green');
</SCRIPT>

This bit of script is executed as soon as it is loaded.

>Secondly, if you or anyone could point me a good resorce for learning
>javascript (the syntax, language structure, etc.) that would be very
>helpful. I'm a newbie in Javascript, but I've done a lot of server  side
>scripting, so I know a good deal about programming. Any website? URL
>address? All I can find so far are javascript codes.

http://rummelplatz.uni-mannheim.de/~skoch/js/tutorial.htm

is a good place to start (you can probably skip the first few pages). For
lots of examples how to do practical things I refer to my own site:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/ This is not a tutorial, but I give example
scripts for the most common situations and explain every line.

ppk