[Javascript] Multifield Form Handlers

Steven Pesant spesant at direct.ca
Fri Mar 30 13:06:27 CST 2001

Hi there,

Curious to know if anyone has come across any samples of a multifield form
handler using javascript on the Net?

What I'm trying to accomplish is a FORM consisting of 7 different SELECT
statements (ie>

	OPTION1a OPTION1b OPTION1c
	OPTION2
	OPTION3
	OPTION4
	OPTION5

Whereby, A user build a query based on the 3 pieces of a full date (as in
OPTION1 - (ie., January 1 2001)

OR

They can select from any number of available qualifiers in OPTION2
or
the qualifiers in OPTION3
or
the qualifiers in OPTION4
or
the qualifiers in OPTION5

However,
The user CANNOT select from OPTION2, OPTION3, OPTION4 or OPTION5
simultaneously.  They can only select from a single OPTION for each query.

AND,

if they user is selecting a date (ie. OPTION1), they MUST fully select from
all 3 OPTION1 qualifiers (ie. OPTION1a, OPTION1b and OPTION1c)

However, they cannot simultaneously select items from 2 OPTIONS at the same
time; but they must select all 3 qualifiers if they are in OPTION1

I currently have queries built on the date (OPTION1) concept and I have
individual queries setup for OPTIONS2, OPTION3, OPTION4 and OPTION5; my
problem right now is setting up some testing sequences so that the user can
only select from 1 OPTION per query and they only have to hit a single
SUBMIT button rather than a submit button next to each OPTION.

Thanks

-= Cheers =-
	Steve