[Javascript] Disappearing breadcrumbs?

Harry Love hlove at u.washington.edu
Wed Aug 14 17:16:44 CDT 2002

>>The error message was unusual to say the least:
>>
>>JavaScript Error: file:///C|/Documents and Settings/Rodney Myers/My
Documents/tests/healthlinks.js, line 1:

>>illegal character.
>>
>>?// Get the URL of the current document and store it
>>^

Thanks, Rodney.  <smack head />I didn't think to open the javascript:
console.  Upon further examination, opening the file in Notepad revealed
that it was trying to use UTF-8 encoding instead of ANSI.  I resaved the
file and it appears to be working now.

>>PS is it OK to use the breadcrumbs file?

Of course!  It's free for the taking.  You may have to customize it a
bit, but it should work on just about any web site.  I'm not sure how
much longer this URL will remain valid, but for now I have stored the
file here: http://healthlinks.washington.edu/scripts/healthlinks.js

Thanks again,
Harry