[Javascript] DHTML overlapping SELECT and .ocx controls

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Tue Aug 20 16:03:08 CDT 2002

Friends,

    I know this has been discussed before, but I've never seen any
definitive answers other than "you can't"... so I figured I'd check once
more.

    The application in question needs some hierarchical menus that, due to
their size and the screen layout, are going to overlap (1) SELECT boxes and
(2) a client-side ActiveX control (the Farpoint Spread grid, for what it's
worth).  Of course both of these things show right through the menus, and
I'm wondering if anybody has found a way around it... other than making the
offending object momentarily disappear.  Any and all constructive thoughts
are welcome.

Cheers,

Peter