[Javascript] Remote windows in NN

Larry Cotton laurence.cotton at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 16 10:58:51 CST 2002

Hi

I'm still having problems with opening popup windows in netscape. Can
someone help me here.

1) Firstly I downloaded my NN from the web. When I bring up the about
dialog I get the following text :
"                                                        Netscape 7.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020823
Netscape/7.0"

I'm running on Windows 2000 and parseInt(navigator.appVersion) returns 5.

Does this mean its netscape version 5 or 7 ?

2) Using this version of netscape I'm having problems accessing the
properties of a window opened using window.open(). The follwing code :

var wi = window.open("../rhythmOrderForm.htm", "RhythmOrders",
"HEIGHT=700,WIDTH=840,left=0,top=0,scrollbars=1");
   document.write("wi.location = " + wi.location + "<br>");

produces the following output :
wi.location = about:blank

and any attempts to access the properties of the document result in an
error message of thew form :
Error: wi.document.forms.RhythmOrderForm has no properties.

When I press the "refresh" button on the browser the problem goes away and
the window properties become accessible.

Does anyone know what is going on here ? I seem to be hitting my head
against brick wall at the moment.

Cheers
Larry