[Javascript] link status

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Tue Dec 17 11:02:29 CST 2002

Cutter (JavaScript) wrote:
> Yes, I want to set a mouseover event for all links on the page. No, I do
> not want to include the mouseover in the link itself. I wanted to know
> if anyone had possibly done something like this using the links[] object
> of the document. Something like (though this doesn't do it...):
>
> <script>
>    var d = document;
>      for( var i = 0; i < d.links.length; i++ ){
>        d.links[i].onmouseover = (window.status = '');
>
> </script>

Assignment to an event handler takes a reference to a function,
so you need something like this:

<script type="text/javascript">

function foo()
{
	window.status = "";
	return true;
}

function init()
{
	var d = document;
	for( var i = 0; i < d.links.length; i++ )
	{
		d.links[i].onmouseover = foo;
</script>

// Until the page is loaded the links array will be empty , hence
// the running it via onload().

HTH!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.