[Javascript] Setting a variable in a child window

Andrew Bush andrew.b at ihug.co.nz
Tue Feb 5 12:21:10 CST 2002

Hi Cutter

Thanks for your reply.

> You could pass MyParent in the url
> (http://my.domain.com/page.html?MyParent=name) then access the var through
> the javascript in the new page.

Thats a good idea except that in this case myParent is to be set to a
reference to the parent window.

I dont think passing the name as a string would work would it?

Thanks again for your time.

Yours cheerfully,

    Andrew Bush

--
To misquote Mr Terry Pratchett:

The word for a society where everyone is pulling together is 'Tyranny', in a
free country everyone tends to pull in different directions.