[Javascript] Silent window.close... or a better idea

Dan Costea costea.dan at ssi-schaefer.ro
Thu Jul 25 01:24:24 CDT 2002

I had exactly the same problem few months ago :o)
Because of the security reasons, you cannot close a window without
confirmation, if you didn't open that window with your js. But if you really
have no choice, you must lie the IE, by telling it that you opened that
window you want to close! Here is the code:

function cheatCloseWin ()
{
 win = top;

 // lying: