[Javascript] Ugh... help! Must thwart multiclickers

Joshua Turcotte kaji at umit.maine.edu
Thu Jul 25 14:37:19 CDT 2002

One of the things I had always liked about layers was their ability to mask out links on lower layers... and javascript being the best way to control the visiblity of said layers and all...

regardless, my problem is this... on a particular page, I have a graphic submit button and when clicked, on occasion, it takes a few seconds for the the page to switch, and we're getting a lot of truly idiotic users who click that button 10,
sometimes 17 times I've seen one and are flooding the system with nearly identical records...

I've since been trying to do one of two things... either erect a blank or 'processing...' layers directly over the submit button so as to mask out the possibility of multiclinking... or have that button and form in a layer which goes hidden after
the click... but for the life of me, I can't get this to cooperate at all... it seems to go on trying to process the form and completely igores the fact that there is an onclick feature...

notions?