[Javascript] Eval() question

Yann.DeChamplain at molson.com Yann.DeChamplain at molson.com
Thu Jun 13 08:07:42 CDT 2002

I'm trying now to create variable in a for loop and I got an error:
I tested some ways and I got something like "impossible to assign a value to
a funtion".
These functions work on the style of a <table> (TR).  After I change the
display style option I can't correctly reevaluate the new value in the style
property of the TR id so I wanna create a status variable for each row in
the table to set a status.

	var curNum;
	var maxcurNum;
	curNum = 2;
	maxcurNum = 12

	for(var count = curNum; count <= maxcurNum; count++){
-----------------------> eval("status" + count) = "none";

	}
	function addr(){
		while(curNum <= maxcurNum){
			rid = "r" + curNum;
			sid = "status" + curNum;
			if(eval(sid) = "none"){
				eval(daid).style.display = "Block";
				eval(sid) = "Block";
				//alert('i found a "none" value at id:' +
daid);
			return true;
			break;
			}
			curNum++;
			alert(curNum++);
		}
		curNum = 2; //back to initial value after exit from while
loop.
	}

Bye!

Yann de Champlain
  Consultant Web Senior
  Molson Canada

Tél         (514) 521-1786 Ext: 5041
Fax        (514) 598-6923
Internet   Yann.deChamplain at Molson.com <mailto:Yann.deChamplain at Molson.com>