[Javascript] Script transferring values - so close

Glenn Morris gmorris at sct.com
Thu Jun 13 08:47:58 CDT 2002

I have this script which works almost the way I want it. What I want
it to do is take the values(fname, lname) and pass them to a new form
in the same browser window. The problem with this script is that it
creates a default form showing the values. What I want it for it to
place the values in a form (NewForm.html) that I have created and sits
in the same directory. I'm sure I'm just a little tweak away from
getting it to work but I can't seem to figure out how. Thanks for any
help.
1. Person presses Click
2. My html form called NewForm.html shows up with fname, lname in
editable field.
3. All done in same browser.
This is all I want it to do.

<HTML>
<head>
<title> I juz don't get /Newform??</title>
<script language="JavaScript">
function unloadMess(){
var fna=mno.fname.value;
var lna=mno.lname.value;
if(document.all && document.getElementById){

form1.Newform.value=fna+' '+lna;
</SCRIPT>

</head>
<P><FORM name="mno" id="mno" METHOD=post ACTION="/NewForm.html" ><BR>
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="fname" VALUE="Ned">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="lname" VALUE="Flanders">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="fax" VALUE="">
<INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Click here to email">
<BR>
<Center><INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="Process">
<input type="button" onclick="unloadMess();window.focus()" value
="Click">
</center>
</FORM>
</HTML>