[Javascript] window.open in ie 4.5 mac

Richard Tilghman rtilghman at nodalpt.com
Fri Jun 14 00:58:38 CDT 2002

victor:

hi there.  I found a post you wrote regarding ie 4.5 on the mac and
window.open.  I don't have any answers, but I'm wondering if you ever
found out the reason?  Currently working on a client site and am
experiencing this same problem.

I've analyzed the script using strategically placed alerts and found
that IE 4.5 mac is running the whole thing, it just refuses to launch
the window. The only post I've found discusses how the window.focus
command right after a window.open command can cause an error... maybe
this keeps it from opening?

Anyway, if you ever found information on this I'd love to hear it.  I'm
calling it from javascript in an external js file...  I placed a delay
on the focus command and am planning on testing it tomorrow.

regards,
rick