[Javascript] How do i communicate the applet tho' java script

Selvaraj, Murugan (Indsys) Murugan.Selvaraj at geind.ge.com
Fri Jun 14 01:31:08 CDT 2002

Hi all

In my project , we are using the thid party tool to view the file. Basically
this third party tool is a web based viewer (applet) to view the file.When
the user click on the file hyper link, the file will be displaying on the
applet. When i view the text file on the applet , i am experiencing some
problem.The text file is not displaying the on the applet with proper
intendation.Since the third perty holding the jar file , I can;t do any
modification. I have to do expliclity.So my thought is read the data from
the file and write the on the applet.

Here is the java script to call the setFile method available in the jvue
class(applet file)

function scriptOverlay()
{
   if (window.jVueLoaded)
    {
       var japplet = window.document.applets["JVue"];
      japplet.setFile(file1);

Here is the html code to dowload the applet
I know the applet name , is there any way to write the data on the applet
from the javascript.since the applet is not viewieng the text file properly
,I don't want to user the setFile method.
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>AutoVue for Java</TITLE>'
<META HTTP-EQUIV="content-type" CONTENT="text/html;charset=UTF-8">'
</HEAD>
<BODY marginheight=0 marginwidth=0>
<APPLET NAME="JVue" CODE="com.cimmetry.jvue.JVue.class" ARCHIVE="jvue.jar"
CODEBASE ="'+ jVueHome +'" HSPACE="0" VSPACE="0" WIDTH=100% HEIGHT=100%
MAYSCRIPT onLoad="javascript:scriptOverlay();">');	<APPLET NAME="JVue"
CODE="com.cimmetry.jvue.JVue.class" CODEBASE=" + jVueHome + '"' HSPACE=0
VSPACE=0 WIDTH=100% HEIGHT=100% ARCHIVE="jvue.jar" MAYSCRIPT
onLoad="javascript:scriptOverlay();">
<PARAM NAME="EMBEDDED" VALUE="TRUE">
<PARAM NAME="VERBOSE" VALUE="true">'
<PARAM NAME="GUIFILE" VALUE="viewonly.gui">
<PARAM NAME="FILENAME" VALUE="' + unescape(self.location) + '">
<PARAM NAME="JVUESERVER" VALUE="' + jVueHost + '">
<PARAM NAME="cabinets" VALUE="jvue.cab">
<PARAM NAME="ONINIT" VALUE="' + onAppletInit() + '">
<PARAM NAME="DMS" VALUE="' + jDMS + '">
</APPLET>
</BODY>
</HTML>

"THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE ALONG WITH ANY ATTACHMENTS IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE
ADDRESSEE and may contain confidential and privileged information.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this
communication is strictly Prohibited.
If you have received this message by error, please notify us
immediately, return the original mail to the sender and delete the
message from your system."