[Javascript] opener window refresh

Alan Easton alan.easton at unn.ac.uk
Fri Jun 14 08:51:52 CDT 2002

Hi All,

Problem: I have a window that opens a smaller window for some ASP
calculations. Now I have the parent window(opener) refreshing okay when the
ASP calculations have finished, but I have a further problem. I would like
the opener window not only to refresh, but go to a certain <a name> tag on
the opener window page.

Any Ideas.

I use "window.opener.navigate(window.opener.document.location.href);" to
refresh the opener window, but I need it to refresh and go to a particular
part of that opener window.

I've tried "window.opener.navigate('profile.asp#teach');" but IE doesn't
like that, also
window.location('profile.asp#teach');" after an initial refresh of the
opener window, but IE doesn't like that either.

As usual, any help or ideas are much appreciated,

Thanks,

Alan...