[Javascript] Re; Netscape 6.2 Issue

Steve extstarrfam at cox-internet.com
Tue May 14 16:52:10 CDT 2002

I found my problems.  It was always accepting the
variable (this.document) when the page was opened from
the body tag of the calling program.
Info.htm').displayWindowInfo(this.document)">

The problems were with the variables being used in the
secondary program.  I had to stop Netscape from
accessing certain variables by using an If statement..
function displayWindowInfo(document) {
 anObject=document;
 var the_appName = navigator.appName.toLowerCase( );
 var winInfo="";
 var docInfo="";
 var objInfo="";
 var formCount = document.forms.length;
 if (the_appName=="microsoft internet explorer") {var
frameCount = document.frames.length;
  var allCount = document.all.length;}
 var formName="";
 var frameName="";
 var docElement="";

This continues to be an interesting learning
challenge/project.