[Javascript] How do i do the encoding

Selvaraj, Murugan (Indsys) Murugan.Selvaraj at geind.ge.com
Tue May 21 11:54:30 CDT 2002

we are getting the file from the mainframe application to view the file in
the viewer.These files are the print screen of the main frame application
with the format of the application type.If the application is invoice ,
there are saving the file as the filename.inv.Basically these are text file
with inv format or ack format.These file will be pushed in the unix server.
In my project  i need to view the file in the Jvue viewer.I could viewe the
file in the viewer.But the file is not properly displayed in the viewer as
per the proper alignment.Then i opened the file in the word application., it
has shown me the box to chage the plain text. have changed as plain
format.Then i have saved the file as filename.rtf.Then i viewed the file in
the viewer. Now the file is properly viewing in the viewer as per the proper
alignment.

The viewer is not able to cortrol the file aligment.So i am planning to use
some java API when the user click the file hyperlink,just change the file as
per i did the work manually in the word. I am trying to find some API to
covert the mainframe text file to word plain text but i don't find any API
at all.In my project everything is happy except this.

If could give me some suggestion i would be very happy.

Herewith i am attaching the same file above mentioned.Pls open the file  in
the viewer.Then open the file in the word.It will ask for the plain text
file conversion. Change the file as plain text and save as filename.rtf.Then
see the different.
Pls give me some java based solution.

> g 		           India Business Center
> Murugan Selvaraj
> Software Engineer,
> Satyam GE Software Services Private Limited,
> 1-8-359, S P Road, Near HUDA Office,
> Begumpet, Secunderabad-500 003
> Tel : 91-40-788-1902
> Email: murugan.selvaraj at geind.ge.com

"THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE ALONG WITH ANY ATTACHMENTS IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE
ADDRESSEE and may contain confidential and privileged information.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this
communication is strictly Prohibited.
If you have received this message by error, please notify us
immediately, return the original mail to the sender and delete the
message from your system."