[Javascript] Page loaded

Andrew Gibson andyg at ihug.co.nz
Wed Aug 6 17:29:42 CDT 2003

That chat room is great Peter, I tried a few years ago something similar but
ran out of time.....and energy !

The big problem I assume is how you alert other users there is a new
message, which I guess requires a call to the server to check the
application variables holding the dialog.

Could you not use a hidden frame so as to just get the new message, rather
than reloading all the messages?

Andrew

Subject: RE: [Javascript] Page loaded

Andrew,

Have you considered the META REFRESH tag for the hidden frame,
which would then populate a hidden field in the visible page?  I have a
chat application ( http://aspalliance.com/peterbrunone ) that makes
copious use of the refresh header and never sets off the blinking
taskbar button.