[Javascript] JavaScript to PHP variable transfer

Chris Tifer christ at saeweb.com
Fri Aug 22 07:43:27 CDT 2003

> Short
> of using JavaScript to "invoke" a piece of PHP script as per the "src="
> destination inside a frame, I don't see
> any straight-forward mechanism of doing what I need.  Even that requires a
> fair amount of overhead, but
> if it is the only way...

You know, you could scrap the whole idea of using IFRAMEs and just have a
1x1 hidden image somewhere on the page and make it's URL something like:
mypage.php with parameters at the end of it.

I would assume PHP has a way of outputting an image from a PHP page the same
way that ASP does. Then, using JavaScript, you could update the src of that
image.

Seeing as you could build your string of  parameters, you can name form
elements and loop through all your many hundreds of fields and if a value is
changed, append that to the URL with the value of the field.  This still
doesn't change the fact that I don't see how you're going to set ANYTHING on
the server if they've disabled POST, GET, Cookies and everything else that
could possibly be useful as you've stated.

Chris Tifer
http://emailajoke.com