[Javascript] JavaScript to PHP variable transfer

David Lovering dlovering at gazos.com
Fri Aug 22 11:21:19 CDT 2003

Although the intrinsics of PHP are as deeply mysterious as the intrinsics of
ASP [to me, at any rate], I suspect that there is some kind of socket
dialogue that it uses to communicate with the client who is referencing PHP
variables (and vice-versa with respect to the server):  My socket manager
shows a couple of very odd socket numbers appearing at the precise moment a
PHP dialogue gets under way, and they vanish at the precise moment that it
ends.  This appears to be the case irrespective of whether conventional
GET/PUT/POST forms transfers are in progress or not.

At least that is one man's highly uninformed opinion.

-- Dave Lovering