[Javascript] How to change window status

murugesan murugesan at hotpop.com
Thu Aug 28 04:42:30 CDT 2003

I tried this,
    menu.addMenuItem("<a class='M' href='/index1.php' style='text-decoration: none' target='info' onmouseover='window.status="blah-blah-blah"'>Click here</a>");
But it is not correct.
because the javascript assumes ....' window.status=" as end of parameter and resulted in error
I also tried
    var status1="asdasd";
    var menuitem1="<a href='/index1.php' "
                            +"onmouseover='window.status="
                            +status1
                            +" ' "
                            +" > Click here</a>"
    menu.addMenuItem(menuitem1);
This time it is just displaying onmouseover in the status bar
Any solutions
-murugesan