[Javascript] Getting New Data

Tim Makins timothy at utvinternet.com
Fri Feb 21 13:29:25 CST 2003

Hi - I am playing around with some ideas, but I don't know if they are
possible. I am working on a script that can read a list of co-ordinates, and
take action on them - in my case, positioning small graphics where the
co-ordinates say they are to go on the webpage.

However, what I would like to be able to do is to load a new file containing
a new set of co-ordinates, but I don't know how to do this, or if its even
possible. Perhaps if the co-ordinates were in a file called page2.js, they
could be loaded and read, but how to define a button or link that loads a
new page on command, and then makes the script aware that it has arrived ?

Some general ideas would be most welcome...

Tim in Ireland.