[Javascript] RE: JS IF statement from querystring

Bruce, Rodney S HQISEC/Veridian IT Services Rodney.Bruce at HQISEC.ARMY.MIL
Thu Feb 27 12:01:01 CST 2003

Not really sure what your trying to do:
But maybe this might be close to what you are looking for.

You stated that you are passing the string from a form.

you could place that var into another form field on current page and then
call a JS function.

<script>
	function myfunction(){

	if (document.yourform.newfield.value == "a value"){
		do this
		}
	else {
		do this
	}

</script>

<input type="hidden" value="previousform.value" name="newfield">

just off the top of my head