[Javascript] RE: Mangling of Code

Chris Tifer christ at saeweb.com
Fri Jun 20 07:34:13 CDT 2003

The easy way to determine if it's norton would be to have them disable it.
Also, we found the way to keep Norton from mangling the HTML for the image
was to change the image name. It's possible that Norton has a record where
init.js is some sort of exploit.

I would change the include's name to something else first. If that fails,
ask
the user if they'd try turning off Norton. If neither of those fix it,
there's something
else wrong, but I don't see why an ISP would determine for users that JS
code is bad. If they do, it's the ISP that is doing the bad thing here...

Chris Tifer
http://emailajoke.com